Products - Binary Viewer
Binary Viewer - what is it?
Binary Viewer is a free windows utility allowing you to open and
view any file located on your computer regardless of format file was saved.
Binary Viewer displays file contents in binary, hexadecimal, octal,
decimal and text formats (multiple Encodings), therefore letting you to peek into binary files,
usually not viewable when using standard Windows viewer/editors like Notepad.
New version 220.127.116.11 was released Aug 01, 2014.
Here's what's new in this release:
- Ability to see file histogran and file statistics
- Utility to Base64 encode and decode file.
- Utility to Enctrypt/Decrypt the file
- File Visualizer: graphical file represetation
- This relase adds Italian version of the program, so full version of supported languages at this moment is:
Thank You to Cheng Pengfei for carrying task of translation Binary Viewer to Chinese.
Cheng was the one who convinced me to convert this application to support multiple languages.
I also like to thank Vittorio Ierarardi for his Italian translation.
I'm really excited about GUI internatiolization feature and I would like to add more languages as soon as possible.
If anybody wants to
volunteer and help with translation to more languages please drop us a note.
About Binary Viewer
Main features of Binary Viewer
- Multiple formats for displaying binary data:
- Octal (1 or 2 bytes)
- Decimal (1, 2 or 4 bytes)
- Text (ASCII)
- Text (Unicode and Big Endian Unicode)
- Graphical data representation:
- File Utilities:
- Base64 Encode and Decode
- File Encryption/Decryption
- Handling extremely large file sizes (up to 16TB )
- Ability to open and view entire Physical Drives
- Ability to bookmark ranges within open file/device
- Supports Alternate Data Stream (ADS) displaying
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Two-column display for easy viewing same content in multiple formats
- Provides flexible search functionality (search for binary sequence or search for text within file)
- Allows selecting, copy and saving to the file
- Shows extended file properties on main window panel
- Has very small memory footprint (¹)
- Is absolutely free (²)
(¹)Thanks to using memory mapped files, only small portion of viewed file is
residing in RAM.
(²)NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE,
no hidden "features".
How does it look like?
Here it is. Binary Viewer showing
one open file (in hexadecimal and text (ASCII) formats):
Most likely you will use it to:
- Analyze internal format of binary files
- Reverse engineering of programs and files saved in proprietary file
- Check content of files not viewable by other means
- Compare/check differences between binary files
- Viewing file Alternate Data Streams
- Viewing file Extended properties